Our uniform is stocked at:
Gray Palmer Ltd
47 High Street
Saffron Walden,CB 10 1AR
Phone: 01799 522159
Gray Palmer are running an on-line ordering service via their website http://www.graypalmer.co.uk/store/
You are welcome to buy the logoed elements of the uniform from other suppliers. We also have lots of second hand uniform which is available to purchase through our Parents Association (FODS - Friends of Debden School).
- School sweatshirt or cardigan with logo
- School polo shirt with logo (or plain white polo shirt)
- Skirt, pinafore dress or trousers: grey
- Shorts: grey
- Summer dress: red and white check
- Shoes: should be close-toed and not sandals
- Socks: white, grey or black
- Tights: grey or black
- Coats: we advise showerproof
- Please choose a shoe fastening that is easy for your child to manage on their own
- Please note that trainers are not part of the uniform for daily wear but are acceptable for PE
- Black shorts
- White T-shirt (logo or plain)
- Grey or white socks
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Any hairbands used must be plain and a colour that complements the school uniform. All novelty hairbands, such as cat ears, flowers and large bows are not permitted
- Hairstyles judged to be extreme by the Headteacher are not permitted
- Make up, including nail polish, should not be worn in school
If your child has pierced ears they may wear one small single pair of studs. No other jewellery is permitted. Children MUST be able to remove earrings in order to take part in PE. Staff are not permitted to remove earrings and the school is unable to take responsibility for any jewellery that is lost.
If you intend to have your child’s ears pierced, please be aware that unless they can remove the earrings for PE or swimming themselves, they will not be able to take part in sessions. For safety reasons we do not allow taped up earrings in our school. The best time to have this done is at the start of the Summer holidays so they are healed by the time the children return in September.
Book bags and PE bags are available through Gray Palmer. These are not compulsory, but are recommended for Reception to Y2 as we know that these book bags will fit into the children’s drawers at school.