The learning in Science is concerned with increasing children’s knowledge and understanding of the world and skills are developed as a process of enquiry. We aim to develop the natural curiosity of our children, to encourage respect for living organisms and the environment and to provide opportunities for critical evaluation of evidence.
Our Science curriculum gives opportunities for children to:
- Develop scientific knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of concepts.
- Answer scientific questions about the world around them through different types of science enquiries.
- Develop and use a range of skills including observations, planning and carrying out investigations.
- Become independent learners in exploring possible answers for scientific questions.
- Be equipped with the scientific knowledge needed to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and in the future.
- Use a range of methods to communicate their scientific findings and present it in a systematic way, including written explanations, ICT, diagrams, graphs and charts.
- Develop an enthusiasm and enjoyment of scientific learning and discovery.