In the event of severe weather conditions it may be necessary as a last resort to close the school. We will make every effort to remain open whenever possible. The school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Insufficient numbers of staff are able to come in to keep the school running safely
- Conditions onsite are dangerous
- Conditions are considered to be, or are anticipated to later become, too hazardous for travel
In the event of the school being closed before the start of the school day you can find out if the school is closed by doing any of the following:
- Log on to the school website www.debdenprimary.co.uk
- By ringing the school office after 8.30am, in which case you will hear a message advising you of the closure
- Visit Essex County Council's homepage at www.essex.gov.uk and search for Emergency School Closures or click into the Education and Schools area, click Schools, click Dates and click Emergency Closures. The Emergency Closures page will update as and when notifications are received and so it is recommended you continue to check or refresh the page.
A board will also be placed outside school informing you of the closure. Please note that we do not put school closures on local radio any more.